Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sea Urchin Ornament #2

My friend called me last night to tell me to try to make these "jellyfish" Ornaments with my sea urchin shells. She saw someone on Martha do it, but I guess she used tinsel. Now I had most of the stuff except for the ribbon that I wanted to use instead of tinsel. I think the wired ribbon which is slightly translucent works well. I was kind of rushed to make it before the sun set. I had to run out to Michaels after work, and of course we had a staff meeting, so I didn't have much time to let things dry. I like it better without the pink beads the fine snow glitter didn't show up much, but I think you can get the idea. The ornament on the tree looks better, otherwise these were hard to photograph!






I also just put glittered sea urchin shells over my tiny glob lights on my tree. The natural design of the shells are beautiful by themselves.


The sea urchin snowman feels right at home on the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out so cute! I bet they look beautiful on the tree. Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're adorable. I knew they were jelly fish before I even read your post. But since you said they don't photograph well, I guess you're going to have to send us all one so we can see how great they are in person. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my space. Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear what you have to say!